Thursday, April 21, 2016

Poems

Decay:
Rotting flesh
Bone
Exposed
Stripping you away
Every lie you tell
The pride you hold
Eating you alive
The words we hear
Rotting our brains
Turning us to piles of bones
The ground is cold
Cruel
But it’s our own doing



Untitled:
Dark night
I sit alone, back to the wall
Quiet
Smudged mascara and tangled hair
Naked
Phone at my feet, not ringing
Waiting
His hands touch hers in the dark
Wanting
I wish not to know, but
I know
The dark night is quiet
Naked and waiting
Wanting to know why
I’ll never know why
Alone

Summer:
I seem to love
Reflections on small pools of water
Caused by the rain on the pavement
Showing headlights of busy cars
Bright in the night
I seem to love
Warm sun on my skin
Sitting underneath big oak trees
Book in my hand
Light wind in my hair
I seem to love
Deep belly laughs
Arms around my shoulders
Sun in our eyes
Walking on dusty roads
Summer


Beauty:
Be sure to remember
Beauty is not a state of being

But a state of mind



Bonus: Here's a song that I absolutely love to listen to while reading poetry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment